Amron 8225IC-01 Two-Diver Air Control and Depth Monitoring System with Communicator
Model Number: 8225IC-01
The Amron International 8225iC-01 the Two-Diver High/Low-Pressure Air Control, Depth Monitoring with Communicator is a portable self-contained system for surface supplied commercial diving operations.
This system is specifically designed with two independent diver channels that are compliant with the International Marine Contractors Association (IMCA) guidelines – IMCA D023 DESIGN for Surface Oriented Air Systems.
Model 8225IC-01 is housed in a durable, pressure-fused fiberglass case that provides a convenient, compact, rugged, and professional system.
The system comes standard with the field-proven AMCOM II Series Communicator and is a full-featured hard-wired two-diver communicator with an independent microphone and earphone volume controls for the tender and each diver. The communicator can operate in both 4-wire (full-duplex), or 2-wire modes. The communicator has a built-in internal charger and can be operated from either a 90-264 VAC, an internal 12 VDC battery, or an external 12 VDC power source.
- The Amron International Model 8225iC-01 is designed to support two-divers and is a portable, self-contained high/low pressure air control, depth monitoring (pneumo), and communication system for surface supplied commercial diving operations.
- It is a central control point for the supply of breathing air to the divers. This Amron system monitors the divers’ depth, provides an audio alarm if the divers’ air pressure falls below a preset limit, and provides superior hardwire diver communications for two commercial divers and topside personnel.
- Model 8225IC-01 is housed in a durable, pressure-fused fiberglass case that provides a convenient, compact, rugged and professional system.
- This system is specifically designed with two independent diver channels that are compliant with the International Marine Contractors Association (IMCA) guidelines – IMCA D023 DESIGN for Surface Oriented Air Systems.
- The system comes standard with the field proven AMCOM II Series Communicator and is a full-featured hard-wired two-diver communicator with independent microphone and earphone volume controls for the tender and each diver. The communicator can operate in both 4-wire (full duplex), or 2-wire modes. The communicator has a built-in internal charger and can be operated from either a 90-264 VAC, internal 12 VDC battery, or an external 12 VDC power source.
High Pressure Side:
- High air pressure inputs are color coded (Red and Blue) for ease of identification.
- Each input has a 0-6000 PSIG gauge and shut off valve to monitor and switch from one high pressure air source to the other.
- The added safety feature of check valves provides protection against back flow of air from a full tank into an empty tank when switching high pressure air supply sources.
- High pressure air is reduced to low pressure via a pressure reducing regulator with a pre-regulator in-line 50 micron filter.
- A relief valve (factory set at 350 PSIG) prevents over pressurization.
Note: HP hoses are not included. If HP hoses are required, please add two x High Pressure Hose Whips with Yoke to your order.
Low Pressure Side:
- Divers air hose connections are O2 fittings, controlled by quarter turn ball valves permitting unrestricted flow. Note: O2 fittings can be converted to JIC upon request.
- The LP input with safety check valve has a #6 JIC fitting and is protected from over pressurization by an over pressure relief valve set at 350 PSI.
Pneumo (Depth Monitoring) System:
- The heart of the pneumo system are 2 ea. 6 inch precision gauges with 0.25% % of full scale accuracy and dual scale readings of 0-250 feet of seawater (FSW) and 0-76 meters of seawater (MSW). The gauge dials have a glare free face, mirror band with clearly marked increments for fast accurate readings with 1 foot divisions.
- Regulating Valve, KEL-F Seat: (2) with O2 Fitting Chrome Plated Brass.
- The Two-Diver hardwire communicator is a full-featured hard-wired communicator with independent microphone and earphone volume controls for the tender and each diver.
- The communicator has a built-in internal charger and can be operated from either a 90-264 VAC, internal 12 VDC battery, or an external 12 VDC power source.
- Can be operated in both 2-Wire and/or Full Duplex (4-Wire) communication modes. Modes can also be used simultaneously.
- The communicator comes standard with Microphone Auto Detection that identifies the type of microphone each diver is using and automatically adjusts for optimum performance. This communicator has the ability to operate with any combination for both dynamic and pre-amplified microphones.
- The noise canceling hand-held push-to-talk microphone improves the quality of communication by eliminating topside noise to the divers.
- Panel: Black Powder Coat over Stainless Steel with White Silkscreen Graphics
Newly Designed Hardwire Communicator Enhancements:
- Ultra-low noise circuit combined with noise suppression circuitry produces crystal clear speech. Automatic gain adjustment will guard audio signal from distortion, enhance speaker protection and audio quality. Increases band width 47%.
- Audio amplifier card deploys the state-of-the-art Class-D digital audio power amplifier. Has very low power dissipation, produces less heat, and extends battery life up to 32%.
- The audio amplifier card has adjustable gain settings to accommodate different communication applications and environments.
- EMI is achieved through spread-spectrum and de-phase control techniques providing for optimum integration with diving systems.
- The built-in internal charger allows for simultaneous charging and operation of the unit while protecting the rechargeable battery from being overcharged. Automatically supplies power to the audio amplifier when AC power is disconnected to allow for continued operation.
- (2) Inlet Connection: #4 JIC (Stainless Steel)
- (2) Inlet Valve: Regulating Type
- (2) Input Gauge: 0-6000 PSI: Accuracy +/- 1.5%
- (2) In Line Filter: 50 micron
- Regulator Input Range: 500-5000 PSI
- Regulator Outlet Range: 0-400 PSI
- Regulator High Flow: Cv = 0.8
- (2) Inlet Fitting: #8 JIC
- (4) Check Valve: 1 PSI
- (4) Control Source: Ball Valve
- (1) Crossover: Ball Valve
- (4) Diver Outlet: Ball Valve
- (2) Output Fitting: Oxygen
- (2) Pressure Gauge, 0-600 PSI: Accuracy +/- 1.5%
- (1) Over Pressure Relief Valve Set Pressure: 350 PSIG
- (2) Pneumo Gauge: Mirrored Scale, 6 Inch, Dual Scale 0-250 FSW/0-76 MSW, 0.25% of Full Scale
- (2) Gauge Protector for Pneumo Gauge
- (2) Pneumo Valve: Regulating Type, KEL-F Seat
- (2) Pneumo Output Fitting: Oxygen
Hardwire Diver Communications:
- Input Impedance (Each Input): 250 Ohms
- Frequency Response: 300 – 10000 Hz
- Common Mode Rejection: 40 dB Minimum
- Current Drain Maximum Full Volume: 3 Amps
- Minimum Quiescent: 0.190 Amps
- Output Impedance: 4 Ohm
- Power Supply Voltage: 12 VDC Nominal (9 VDC Min – 16 VDC Max)
- AC Power Operating Range: 90-264 VAC, 50-60 Hz
- Sensitivity (Input): 0.5 mV
- Output Power (RMS @ 4 Ohm Load, 12 VDC): 10 Watts Audio
- Battery Life: 45 Hours
- Panel Material: Black Textured Semi-Gloss Polyester coated over Stainless Steel
- Graphics: Red, white and blue
- Dimensions 24-1/2 in. W x 19-1/2 in. D x 8 1/2 in. H with lid closed
- Dimensions 24-1/2 in. W x 21-1/2 in. D x 26 in. H with lid open
- Weight: Approximately 80 lbs.
- Case Material: Pressure molded fiberglass, with aluminum and or stainless steel hardware. Includes carrying handle, latches, and stay hinge to lock the unit in an open position (upper section is locked upright in respect to lower section).
- Color: International Yellow
- Weight 81 lbs. (36.74 kg)
Included With Communicator:
Amron 8225IC-01 Two Diver Air Control and Communications System includes:
- (1) Amron 2405-28 Hand-Held Push-to-Talk Microphone
- (1) Amron 8225i-UM Series Two Diver Air Control Systems User Manual Rev 1.0
- Amron HAS-300D Din Adapter 300 Bar
- Amron 2401-28 Deluxe Headset with Boom Mic
- Amron 2460-28 Standard Headset with Boom Mic
- Amron 2822-28 Remote Walk-and-Talk (4-wire mode)
- Amron 2821-28 Remote Walk-and-Talk (2-wire mode)
WARNING: DO NOT USE THE AMRON 8225iC-01 2 DIVER- AIR CONTROL/ COMMUNICATIONS SYSTEM FOR THE FOLLOWING:
- Mixed gas commercial diving operations with an oxygen level greater than 26%
- Oxygen or oxygen enriched breathing mixtures above 26%