RIVERSURVEYOR® S5 AND M9
A NEW PERSPECTIVE TO THE NOTION OF MEASURING OPEN CHANNEL HYDRAULICS
4.0 is HERE! This is some pretty big news for RiverSurveyor-M9 users, and those that want to be! RiverSurveyor Live 4.0 software release is set for November, and we thought you might want to know about some of the big benefits coming your way:
- No tagline/tape measure required: With RiverSurveyor Stationary Live, automatically measure distance between stations with DGPS or RTK GPS equipped systems.
- Manual configuration: Now you can set blanking distance, cell size and number of cells for moving boat measurements.
- Real-time QA/QC warnings: Know when there could be a problem before there is one.
- Zipped files: New and improved compression and auto-decompression, providing faster access to large amounts of data.
- Sample filter: Remove your random velocity outliers with ease!
The patented and award-winning RiverSurveyor®, S5/M9 systems give a new perspective to the notion of measuring open channel hydraulics. Using SonTek’s exclusive SmartPulseHD®, multiple acoustic frequencies are fused with precise bandwidth control for the most robust and continuous shallow-to-deep discharge measurements ever. A deterministic microcontroller expertly apportions the proper acoustics, pulse scheme, and cell size to get the highest definition possible so you can focus on the measurement, not the instrument setup. The system even has a vertical beam for precise channel definition and it’s all designed to work intuitively.
And just like the name implies – SmartPulseHD (just like your TV) lets you see the clearest velocity picture possible with cell sizes down to 2 cm.